NASHVILLE, June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Bridgestone America's Teens Drive Smart Video Contest is giving away a total of $50,000 in college scholarships for creative videos about safe driving. The deadline to enter is June 22. First place will receive a $25,000 scholarship and the video will air on the MTV Jumbotron in Times Square in New York every hour of every day for the entire month of August. Second place will receive a $15,000 scholarship and third place will win $10,000 for college.
The contest is part of Bridgestone's Teens Drive Smart initiative, a program that helps educate teenagers and young adults about the dangers of driving distracted and the importance of safety behind the wheel.
"The message is getting through to some extent, but there is still much work to be done, and Bridgestone Americas wants to be part of the solution, help educate and change these behaviors and make the roads safer for everyone," said Angela Patterson, Manager, Bridgestone Americas' Teens Drive Smart Program."We want the Teens Drive Smart Video Contest to be a giant step in that direction."
Students, age 16-21, are being asked to create a short automotive safety-themed video that encourages their peers to make better decisions behind the wheel. The top 10 videos are posted online for the public to vote on, and the three videos that receive the most votes win.
2012 Contest Details:
- Videos must be 25 or 55 seconds in length.
- Entrants can submit their videos now through June 22 at www.teensdrivesmart.com and click on Video Contest.
- A panel of judges will select 10 finalists based on the following criteria: how well the video compels viewers to be more safety-conscious when using their vehicles and how well the video effectively and creatively communicates its message.
- The 10 finalist videos will be posted on www.teensdrivesmart.com in addition to YouTube, Twitter and Facebook on July 9. The general public will then select the top three winners through online voting at www.teensdrivesmart.com.
- Official rules with complete entry, eligibility and prize details are available at www.teensdrivesmart.com.
- Votes will be tallied and grand prize-winning videos will be announced on July 24 at www.teensdrivesmart.com.
For more information, go to www.teensdrivesmart.com
To view the multimedia assets associated with this story, please click: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/54833-bridgestone-teens-drive-smart-2012/
Technical issues with the interactive media player? Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.